The company making the application wants to build the Solar Farm on site close to Ballyragget. The developers say it could produce 25 megawatts of power for the national grid – enough to power 6,500 homes.
Alternatively, this would be enough power to meet 25% of the annual electricity needs of the nearby Glanbia factory. They also say that the Solar Farm would eliminate 3,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions over its lifespan.
Solar Farms Ireland
The same company has already received permission for other Solar Farms across Ireland. The respective County Councils have given the go-ahead for developments in Carlow, Laois, Offaly and Westmeath. The company has also a submitted a further application for a development in County Meath.
The number of proposals and plans shows again how we are perfectly placed in Ireland to harness solar power. Photovoltaic Systems by Kavanagh Engineering can allow you do to exactly that, for both domestic and commercial applications.
Benefits of PV solar panels
- Significant savings on your electricity bill.
- Up to 25-year guarantee on the PV solar panels used.
- High PV Solar Panels efficiency rating.
- Improved BER (Building Energy Rating) for your home or commercial premises.
- Reduces your carbon footprint.
Why choose us for PV Solar Panels
There are many good reasons to choose us for PV Solar Panels including :
- FREE Survey, Expert Advice & Quotation
- A highly qualified electrical engineer to conduct your site survey and design the best solution for your needs (most companies use sales reps who are not electrical engineers)
- Bespoke deign of solar system that will save you the most money
- Our quality guarantee, we only use the very best Tier 1 PV Solar Panels, bracketing systems, inverters and battery solutions at very competitive prices.
- All Solar Panel installations completed by our highly trained in house team (no subcontracting to third parties)
- Assistance with availing of the SEAI grant